Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Sunrise

I am in a Botany class this summer. We are learning a lot about plants, soils, ecosystems, and stuff that, frankly I am not at all too interested in. But if I have taken one thing away from this class- its the reminder that I serve a magnificent, sovereign, and gracious God. Did you know that if the sun ceased to rise, anything that has life would be no more? Something about photosynthesis...energy...carbon dioxide, food chain...GONE- all of it! According to my understanding of the science world...this earth and all that is in it depends on the sun to survive.

Psalm 50:1-
The Mighty One, God, the LORD, speaks and summons the earth from the rising of the sun to the place where it sets.
Psalm 74:16-The day is yours, and yours also the night; you established the sun and moon.

God could decide to put a stop the glorious sunrise and before long, nothing would have life...yet in His love for the world, the sun rises. For God so loved the world...a wicked, unrighteous world...and each day the sun rises and He gives life to those that don't deserve it. This seems like a pretty basic and simple truth, but it draws me to His feet.

AND BOTANY IS OVER TOMORROW! PRAISE JESUS!

No comments: