Monday, July 4, 2011

The past 6 months in a shell of a nut

The past six months have been full of life and I am grateful for the summer sun, homemade vanilla icecream, and family. This season has been difficult in many ways, yet sweet- due to the constant love of the Lord. We are growing... we hope. There are days that we feel crazy and like we are back at square one, struggling with the same sins, a bit lonely in this walk, and wandering souls. The good news: He is good and He is faithful. This we dwell on and pray that it sinks deep.

I graduated in May and am now a happily unemployed ex- student. Looking for a job or an opportunity.

This is the season of weddings (4) and babies (9) and I am enjoying celebrating new seasons with friends.

We went to Hawaii with Pat's mom and grammy. It was such a beautiful, relaxing vacation.

Picking up some new hobbies and continuing some old: sewing (simple items:pillows, dish towels, curtains), garage sale rummaging (fixing up old items I find), card making, menu planning, reading, music.

Speaking of reading: Great books that I have read/ or are on my reading list for the summer:
"The Help"- Kathryn Stockett
"Unbroken"- Hillenbrand
"Her Daughter's Dream"- Francine Rivers
"Life of Pi"- some guy
"Desiring God"- John Piper
"Radical"- David Platt

Latest music choices: Shane & Shane "Dare to Share" worship album
The Village Worship
Sara Bareilles "Uncharted"
Dave Barnes

Pat is good. Busy at work and liking his job. Wish I could give more detail, but I am not sure of the proper language or process of things. I know it has to do with an air flow processor. He is so smart. Growing in marriage.

We recently transitioned out of our church home, which was a difficult move, but a move we felt was in obedience to the Lord. Waiting and trusting. A good place, but difficult transition.

Waiting to see what the rest of the summer holds. In the meantime, I continue to pray that His joy will be my strength and the truth of His word will ignite my heart. My hope rests in Him.

No comments: